EXPERIENCED VET TECH, RVT/CVT or PT at VETERINARY REHAB CLINIC
Are you an experienced Vet Tech (CVT or RVT) with certification or a strong interest in canine and feline rehabilitation therapy? Are you experienced or certified in animal rehabilitation therapy or interested in pursuing a career in this progressive and exciting field? Are you a PT or PT Assistant with veterinary clinical experience and education in animal rehabilitation therapy?
PAW REHAB is currently seeking a FULL-TIME VETERINARY REHAB TECHNICIAN, PT OR PT ASSISTANT to join our dedicated team. We are a veterinary clinic which specializes in physical rehabilitation and acupuncture for pets, owned and directed by a veterinarian with over 20 years of experience.
We value integrity, a passion for learning, professionalism and dependability. This position is best suited for those who truly enjoy client interaction and enjoy the consistency of seeing the same patients and clients on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis and those who are rewarded by observing these patients get stronger and better each visit. We’re a close-knit, team-oriented group and we’re looking for candidates who have a positive attitude and who would like to be a part of a team that is changing pets’ lives every day. We have experienced staff who possess a passion for learning and healing who truly love coming to work each day.
We offer competitive pay based on experience and offer benefits including PTO and health Insurance for full-time employees.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Our Veterinary Rehab Technicians and Assistants work under the direct supervision of our veterinarian to help provide rehabilitation care to our animal patients. They are trained to assist with therapeutic exercises and stretches, perform underwater treadmill therapy sessions, assist with the use of therapeutic modalities, client education, veterinary nursing care and medical record keeping. The veterinary technician or veterinary assistants also provide support to the veterinarian and the other veterinary technicians during rehab sessions. They may also assist with restraint and attending pets during acupuncture, assist the doctor with initial exams/consults and re-evaluations including transcribing dictated information, client communications and client education.
Ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
– Minimum of two years of veterinary experience in a clinical setting to include: patient care, animal handling and restraint. The candidate should be familiar with general animal health and husbandry, common animal diseases including zoonotic disease and infection control, common veterinary medications and prescription filling. The candidate should have experience with general veterinary technical skills such as obtaining vitals, performing urinary bladder expression, intramuscular and subcutaneous injection administration, wound care, lab sampling and medical record keeping. Knowledge in dog and cat anatomy and experience in orthopedic, neurological or post-operative care is preferred.
– RVT and or CCRA or CCRP certification is preferred. PT or PT assistants with CCRT or CCRA certification may be considered.
– Excellent communication skills
– Professional work ethic
– Excellent computer and typing skills, experience with digital/computer records/veterinary software is preferred (we are a paperless practice)
– We work with many debilitated patients of all sizes, so the position requires physical strength and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
If you’re interested in joining our dedicated and compassionate team, please reply and send your resume and a brief cover letter.