Provides hands on laboratory coursework that will build on the course material from Equine I lectures. Part two of three modules in the CERP program.
This course is currently full. The next lab session will be posted as soon as possible. Please email us @ email@example.com if you would like to be added to a waiting list in case a spot opens up.
Out of stock
Description of Module II Hands-on Labs: (48 hours of content)
Provides hands-on laboratory coursework that will build on the course material from Equine I lectures. This course will provide the participant with the basic skills necessary to prescribe and provide rehabilitation programs for the equine patient. A full day of anatomical dissection on equine cadavers will be utilized to emphasize clinically relevant structures. The participant will receive hands-on training of selected physical agent modalities used in equine physical rehabilitation. The following physical agents will be covered: superficial heating and cooling agents (including cold saltwater hydrotherapy), manual therapies, electrical therapies (for example: electrical stimulation, therapeutic laser), mechanical therapies (for example: therapeutic ultrasound, shock wave therapy, total body vibration) and therapeutic exercise (including EquiCore System, Underwater Treadmill)
June 14 - 20, 2021 - (Monday - Sunday) - LAB ONLY
Monday - Saturday - 8:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday - 8:00am - 12:00 Noon
- Breakfast, Breaks and Lunches are included.
- Park in C or N Lots only - Parking is free but you must pick-up parking pass at registration. Be sure you complete and return UT-Parking-Permit prior to arriving on campus so it's ready for pick-up at registration
- 2.6 miles to downtown Knoxville, TN (approx. 7 minute ride)
- 11.7 miles to TYS - McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville, TN
Start date: June 14, 2021
End date: June 20, 2021
Start time: 08:00 a.m. EDT
End time: 12:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine
Address: 2407 River Drive Knoxville, TN 37996
Equine I: Online lecture Series must be completed prior to attending this lab.
AAVSB RACE Approved
Program Approval Number 120-17085
Number of Hours of CE:
- Veterinarians: 48 hours
- Veterinary Technicians: 48 hours
You may also like…
Course Length: 52 hours
- Equine I: Online Lecture Series: Introduction to Equine Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Modalities & Conditions Amenable to Rehabilitation
- This course provides an introduction to equine rehabilitation and therapeutic modalities. This is the first…
Course Length: 4 hours
- Equine III: Equine Rehabilitation Certificate Program Online Final Examination and Case Presentations
- Participants must prepare a written report, for submission, of two clinical equine rehabilitation cases that…