Location: Colchester, CT (Wizard of Paws)
19 in stock
- Event Details
- Course Details
- Learning Objectives
- Additional Info
- Reviews (0)
Manual Therapy is a specialized treatment approach that consists of hands-on techniques including joint mobilization, massage, and other interventions designed to mobilize joints, activate muscles, connective tissues, and stimulate nerves in order to facilitate healing and restore optimal function. This program is designed to teach canine rehabilitation practitioners’ canine peripheral joint and spinal biomechanics, and manual therapy techniques inclusive of joint mobilization, massage, and range of motion. Our courses are designed to provide clinicians with practical techniques that will change the way they practice and help patients achieve maximal outcomes.
This course is Part III in the CCMT program. – (check-offs are required to pass the course)
September 16, 2022 - (Friday)
Registration 8:00am, Course 9:00am - 5:00pm
Hotel Accommodations Nearby: (approx. 19 miles from facility)
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hartford South/Glastonbury
65 Glastonbury Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
#860-652-8111 – Fax#860-652-8333 – www.hartfordsouthglastonbury.homewoodsuites.com
- Complimentary Parking
- Bradley International Airport is approx. 25 minutes or 18 miles from hotel
- Taxi is approx. $57.00 one way
Start date: September 16, 2022
End date: September 16, 2022
Start time: 09:00 a.m. EST
End time: 05:00 p.m. EST
Venue: Wizard of Paws
Address: 155 Westchester Road Colchester, CT 06415
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Accurately palpate selected boney segments and landmarks, muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues.
- Describe various selected manual therapy techniques including massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization
- Discuss the precautions and contraindications for various manual therapy techniques (massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization)
- Demonstrate on a patient selected range of motion exercises including: cervical motion, thoracic motion, lumbar motion, digit motion, carpal motion, elbow motion, shoulder motion, hock motion, stifle motion, and hip motion.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected massage/soft tissue mobilizations including supraspinatus/biceps, scapular entrapment, iliopsoas (diagnostic and therapeutic), gracilis and hamstring muscle mobilization.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected joint mobilizations of the shoulder, elbow, carpus, metacarpals, digits, hip, stifle, tarsus, metatarsals, and digits to include patient and therapist positioning, hand placement, and grade/direction of force applied.
- Discuss outcome measures and assessment techniques to guide the treatment progression
- Integrate manual therapy into the overall treatment program
Completion of CCMT I and CCMT II online
DVMs, LVTs, PTs, DCs (American Veterinary Chiropractic Association) must all have completed (or have completed the majority) of their CCRP or CCRT/CCRA training.
Hours: 8 Hours
- AAVSB Provider #120, This course is RACE approved for 8 hours of CE
- NYSED Approved for 8 hours of CE
- Seminar includes handouts and coffee breaks.
- Course related products (if any) will be available at the course, however, in a limited quantity.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
- For group rate accommodations, please call hotel directly and be sure to mention Northeast Seminars. A limited number of rooms are reserved for participants, when available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Within 30 days of the course, rooms and/or rates may no longer be available. If course is to be held at a facility, Northeast only provides suggested hotels nearby for room accommodations.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.