Out of stock
- Event Details
- Course Details
- Learning Objectives
- Additional Info
- Reviews (0)
This course will provide the participant with the skills necessary to design and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program for commonly seen orthopedic and neurologic conditions in the dog. A case study approach will be utilized teaming students from different professions together during this course to design and implement the rehabilitation programs. If possible, participants should bring a case or two for discussion in these group learning activities.
- 22 miles to Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- 6 miles to downtown Raleigh, NC
Hotel Suggestions: (all within 1 mile to Carolina Ranch Animal Hospital & Resort)
Sleep Inn, 105 Commerce Parkway, Garner, NC 27529 –
- Shuttle will run from hotel to Ranch both in the am and pm
- Ask for the Northeast Seminars room block or use this link online and receive a discounted rate of $ /night for Single or Double until cut-off date then rates are based on best available.
- Located in the Garner/Clayton area off of Interstate 40 and Highway 42
- Just 30 miles from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. It is only a few minutes from the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek, Wake Technical Community College, North Carolina State University and the Ava Gardner Museum in downtown Smithfield.
- Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast including: eggs, sausage, waffles, gravy, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruits and a variety of pastries and breads. Other amenities are the exercise room, seasonal outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi in every room, access to copy and fax services, free weekday newspapers, free local calls and a business center. Each guest room comes standard with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, irons, ironing board, hairdryer and free HBO. Hot coffee is also available in the lobby 24/7.
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Clayton I-40, 100 Hampton Drive, Garner, NC 27529
Holiday Inn Express, 106 Leone Court, Garner, NC 27529
Comfort Inn, 126 Cleveland Crossing Drive, Garner, NC 27529
Start date: October 06, 2020
End date: October 07, 2020
Start time: 08:00 a.m. EDT
End time: 12:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: Carolina Ranch Animal Hospital & Resort
Address: 6129 NC Hwy 42 West Garner, NC 27259
After successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Design and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program for commonly seen orthopedic conditions in the dog
- Design and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program for commonly seen Neurologic conditions in the dog
- Correlate the rehabilitation program with the physiologic processes that the patient is undergoing during its rehabilitation
- Discuss reasonable time frames for treatment including when to begin treatment, frequency of treatment, and duration of treatment
- Discuss the need for and the methods of referral and communication between the referring veterinarian and the rehabilitation provider
- Document the rehabilitation programs using standardized forms
- Participant must be a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist or an actively enrolled student in on of these fields.
- Successful completion of Canine I (if required) and Canine II PT / II VET and Canine III PT / III VET
This course is required for all participants.
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation program/Orthopedic conditions
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation program/Neurologic conditions
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation program/Neurologic conditions continued
- Correlation between physiologic processes and rehabilitation program
- Time Frames; beginning treatment, frequency of treatment, and duration of treatment
- Communication between the veterinary and physical therapy professions; why it is essential, referral methods, and follow-up
- Documentation; standardization of forms and communication between the veterinary and physical therapy professions
- Developing a rehabilitation program (Teams) - Case Studies
- Case Study team presentations
AAVSB RACE CE Hours
- Veterinarians: 10.50
- Veterinary Technicians: 10.50
- Seminar includes coffee breaks and handouts.
- Course related products (if any) will be available at the course, however, in a limited quantity.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Northeast Seminars is recognized by the NATA Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
- For group rate accommodations, please call hotel directly and be sure to mention Northeast Seminars. A limited number of rooms are reserved for participants, when available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Within 30 days of the course, rooms and/or rates may no longer be available. If course is to be held at a facility, Northeast only provides suggested hotels nearby for room accommodations.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.
You may also like…
Course Length: 2.5 hours
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (C.C.R.P.) Examination Review
- This review class is intended to CCRP enrollees prepare for the final CCRP examination