University of Tennessee
The University of Tennessee Canine Rehabilitation Certificate Program (CCRP) is the only university-based, RACE approved credential program for canine rehabilitation education.
The Canine Rehabilitation Certificate Program (CCRP) from the University of Tennessee is the only RACE approved, university credential program for canine rehabilitation available to Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians, and Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists and Student in one of the accepted professions.
Developed using the same strict guidelines typically associated with university accredited programs, the course is taught by a faculty that includes active university instructors, expert clinicians, researchers, and recognized industry experts. The program draws from ongoing research, evidence based case studies, clinical experience, and leading companies in the fields of veterinary medicine.
The high standards for admission and rigorous but fun curriculum assure graduates that the CCRP credential is recognized as the premiere program in canine rehabilitation.
Consists of 7 modules to be completed in order: (click to download details)
- Canine I: Introduction to Canine Rehabilitation (ONLINE)
- Canine II: Physical Agent Modalities and Therapeutic Exercise (ONLINE)
- Canine III: Physical Agent Modalities and Therapeutic Exercise (HANDS-ON LAB) – PT III or VET Series III
- Canine IV: Putting it All Together: Designing and Implementing a Rehab Program (HANDS-ON LAB)
- Canine V (Elective Course): Choose from our list of Online and Live elective courses
- Canine VI: Clinical Practicum-Externship and Case Studies
- Canine VII: Certificate Exam
- Purchase CCRP bundle
CCRP III & IV - Hands-on Live Lab Dates
Why our program?
The faculty have worked diligently to construct programs that meet the needs of the veterinarian, physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, veterinary technician.
Our program offers the following advantages:
- The University of Tennessee Certificate Program in Canine Physical Rehabilitation is the only program in veterinary rehabilitation to win the distinguished Outstanding Non-Credit Program Award by the Association for Continuing Higher Education.
- Instruction by veterinarians and physical therapists, the majority of whom are board certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons and the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
- Our instructors have made significant research contributions and published much of the available literature in canine physical rehabilitation.
- Emphasis on evidenced-based medicine.
- Access to the latest clinical and laboratory research results presented by faculty who have performed research directly applicable to case management, often prior to publication.
- Access to and practice/training with an extensive array of treatment approaches, including a myriad of equipment and emerging modalities which are based on clinical research.
- Commitment to presenting a comprehensive curriculum that provides a solid foundation upon which to treat routine and complicated clinical cases, and to build and improve clinical practice in veterinary rehabilitation.
- Upon successful completion of the program and examination, participants receive the designation of Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner.
To promote the art and science of canine physical rehabilitation.
This will be achieved by:
Educating professionals in the principles and practical application of canine physical rehabilitation.
Promoting and supporting research that will advance the knowledge, skill and treatment of canine physical rehabilitation.
Making the benefits of canine physical rehabilitation known to the fields of veterinary medicine, physical therapy and other related professions.
DVM / VMD / VT
PT / PTA / OT
The program is open to the following:
- Veterinary Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Students in one of the accepted professions*
Proof of degree(s) and or license(s) must be provided for every profession
*Proof of acceptance and documentation showing current enrollment in a qualified program must be provided with your initial registration. You will be asked to provide continued proof of active enrollment. You must complete one academic year of your professional program prior to enrolling in this program. Successful completion of your degree is required prior to taking the certificate exam.