About the Program
The course will cover the entire spectrum of OA Case Management from maximizing the effectiveness of business practices, correct utilization of the veterinary technician in case management applications, and exploration and application of the most common treatment modalities using the multimodal approach.
Developed by Dr. Darryl Millis, University of Tennessee – Knoxville and other adjunct faculty, the purpose of the University of Tennessee Arthritis Case Manager Course is to improve the quality of life of dogs with osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a common and significant condition, with approximately 20% of adult dogs afflicted with osteoarthritis. This course is designed to help identify dogs with this debilitating disease earlier to allow treatment designed to improve clinical function and quality of life. This program embraces the multimodal treatment of arthritis and provides an evidence-based approach to treatment options. Further, this course embraces the team approach to osteoarthritis, recognizing the valuable roles of the veterinarian, veterinary technician, and owner in managing each case. In particular, veterinary technicians play a major role in managing these chronic patients for their lifetime, and interact with veterinarians and owners to be certain that patients are receiving optimal treatment and that owners are informed and educated about the treatment options for their pets and receive appropriate follow-up care. Treatment compliance and appropriate care of patients are most effective when clients receive appropriate education and regular communication. Veterinary technicians will be uniquely equipped to perform these functions upon successful completion of this course.
This program offers the following advantages:
- Emphasis on evidence based medicine and best practices.
- Access to the latest clinical and laboratory research results presented by an instructor who has performed research directly applicable to OA case management.
- Demonstration of numerous treatment modalities and evaluation of their effectiveness, based upon research and experience at the world renown University of Tennessee Veterinary Science Department.
- Commitment to presenting a comprehensive curriculum to provide information, training, and support to the Veterinarian and the Vet Tech. This program provides a solid foundation upon which to build an OA treatment practice.
- Upon completion of this course your clinic will receive a certificate indicating your clinic’s achievement in the University of Tennessee Osteoarthritis Case Management Program.
After completion of this program, participants will understand the basic pathophysiology of osteoarthritis, common conditions causing osteoarthritis, examination of the arthritic patient, and the various treatment options for osteoarthritis and their application to clinical patients.
The Osteoarthritis Case Manager program falls under The University of Tennessee College of Outreach and Continuing Education and is administered by Northeast Seminars.
|Individual Subscription: 1 Staff||$499.00|
|Small clinic: 1 veterinarian and up to 2 Vet Techs||$999.00|
|Each Additional Veterinarian or Vet tech from the Same clinic||$199.00|
|Large Group Rates||Call|
Learn more about the course by enrolling in the FREE Introductory Module