Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Therapist (Veterinary Technician or Physical Therapist considered)
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: Located in beautiful San Diego! At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business, and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of the patient care team and work closely with the veterinarians and other staff as needed for patient care
- Be familiar with all treatment modalities
- Remain current in animal rehabilitation services and therapies
- Implement the prescribed treatment plans as prescribed by the veterinarian
- Monitor patient response to prescribed therapies and inform the supervising veterinarian of any changes in patient status
- Update patient records in a timely manner
- Maintain treatment areas in accordance with hospital protocols
- Participate in training and continuing education of staff as well as visiting interns and externs
- Assist with client education in accordance with hospital protocols
- Participate in public events where rehab can be promoted to clients, potential clients or referring veterinarians
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Be able to work with, restrain and lift companion animals of all sizes
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members
- Experience as a veterinary technician or physical therapist
- Be certified in canine rehabilitation or experienced in rehabilitation and interested in pursuing certification (CCRT, CCRP, CCRVN, CVMRT)
- Be certified in canine massage (not required)
- Be Fear Free certified and/or proficient in low-stress handling- positive reinforcement is to be used with patients at all times
Rehabilitation Specific Qualifications (Preferred)
- Rehab Certification – CCRT, CCRP, CCRVN, VTS-Physical Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Other Credentials – RVT, PT
- Message Certification – CCMT or NCCMT (Optional)
- Pain Certification – CVPP (Optional)
Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- Work along-side and gain valuable insight on cases with a veterinary rehabilitation and sports medicine specialist!
- Varied caseload including in-patient neurology cases, post-op orthopedic cases, medically managed orthopedic cases, orthotics/prosthetics/carts, and long-term geriatric cases
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.