FT & PT Rehabilitation Technician – Florida Veterinary Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine – Tampa, FL
Florida Veterinary Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine is seeking both a full-time and part-time veterinary rehabilitation technician. We are a small, growing specialty practice that is dedicated to offering rehabilitation and sports medicine services. Our patients come to us for a variety of reasons such as recovery from orthopedic or neurological disorders or surgeries, diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries, assessment for sport or working careers, weight loss, osteoarthritis management, etc. You can learn more about our practice at www.floridavetrehab.com.
Job duties include:
• Performing various rehabilitation therapies such as underwater treadmill, manual therapy, therapeutic exercises, therapeutic laser and ultrasound, etc.
• Assisting veterinarian with exams, radiographs, diagnostic ultrasounds, and other treatments and procedures
• Communicating with clients on patient care, services, and treatments
• Hospital and rehab equipment maintenance – cleaning, organizing, inventory, etc.
• Administrative tasks such as scheduling, answering phones, handling medical records, etc.
• Drawing blood and placing IV catheters
• Monitoring patient under anesthesia and sedation
• Tracking of patient progress through rehabilitation plans
• Certified veterinary technician
• Certification in rehabilitation CCRP/CCRA (or interest in obtaining certification)
• Experience working in a veterinary setting
• Knowledge or interest in dog training and/or dog sports
• Strong client communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Leadership skills
• Ability to lift 50lbs
Salary will be commensurate with experience. FT employee benefits to include: Simple IRA, paid vacation and holidays, QSEHRA, continuing education allowance. Interested applicants should send a resume and letter of intent describing your experience and interest in veterinary rehabilitation and sports medicine to Dr. Jennifer Brown DVM, DACVSMR, CCRT, CVSMT at email@example.com.