This position is based out of Wheat Ridge, CO. Full Time. I am in the point of contact, my name is Dolores Esparragoza, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking self-motivated, passionate, experienced rehabilitation technicians to join our growing department. Our mission is to improve mobility, comfort, and quality of life returning our patients to their highest potential in terms of activity. Please see our “at a glance” sheet for details on the service. This is an unusual technician role in that common skills (catheterization, medication delivery, nursing) are not a focal point.
- Communication: There is a great deal of follow-up as many of our patients are chronic; email and phone are our primary communication with clients. Technicians play a significant role in this communication. Technicians are familiar with our cases so as to aid in follow-up communications.
- Rehab technicians are an integral part of the patient care team and directly assist the veterinarians and physical therapists and other staff as needed for patient care
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to perform therapeutic modalities including LASER, cryotherapy, PROM, TENS, therapeutic ultrasound.
- Must be capable of independently performing prescribed therapeutic exercise, able to report progress of individual patients, and able to recognize and alert veterinarians and/or physical therapists when concerns arise.
- Observe patient response to prescribed treatments and therapies and appropriately update patient records in a timely manner – ideally immediately following the appointment, but not later than within 24 hours of the appointments
- Maintain therapy and treatment areas in accordance with WRAH protocols
- Assist with client education in accordance with WRAH protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, License and Job Requirements:
- Certified Veterinary Technician, CCRA or CCRP of benefit
- Experience working in a veterinary rehabilitation setting
Skills and Experience:
- This is a very physical job ability to lift dogs, move easily in a gym environment will be helpful
- Ability to work independently
- Comfort, ease, and enjoyment in working/communicating with clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills particularly with medical terminology. We will train on the specific terminology for the position
- Detail oriented
- Interest into a very unique veterinary technician career
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt